How to Make Perkedel Tempe (Tempe Fritters)
The ingredients to make Perkedel tempe are,
– 150 g tempe
– Two tablespoons fried shallots
– Three kaffir lime leaves
– One tablespoon flour
– An egg
– A cup vegetable oil for frying
To make the spice paste, you need,
– Three large chilies, seeds removed
– Three small chilies
– Two red shallots
– Two cloves garlic
– A half teaspoon chopped galangal
– One candle nut
– A half teaspoon coriander seeds
– A half teaspoon salt
– A quarter teaspoon shrimp paste
Here are the instructions to make Perkedel tempe :
1. Mash the tempe with a fork or place in the bowl of a food processor and blend until it resembles coarse bread crumbs.
2. Grind the spices in a mortar and pestle or place in the bowl of a food processor and blend to a smooth paste.
3. Put the mashed tempe in a bowl and mix with the spice paste, fried shallots and lime leaves. Stir in the flour, followed by the egg.
4. Shape the tempe into fritters the size of a golf ball and flatten a little with a fork.
5. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over a medium flame. When the oil is hot, drop the fritters into the oil, five or six at a time.
6. Fry until golden brown on both sides, drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with rice.
How to Make Fried Potato
– 4 red potatoes
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon salt
– ¾ teaspoon paprika
– ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
– ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
– Large skillet
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
2. Drain the potatoes and cut them into ½ inch cubes when they are already cool.
3. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and green pepper. Cook about 5 minutes stirring often, until soft. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
4. Pour remaining 2 tablespoons of oil into the skillet and turn heat to medium-high.
5. Add potato cubes, salt, paprika and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned about 10 minutes.
6. Stir in the onions, green peppers and parsley and cook for another minute. Serve hot.
PREP TIME : 20 Min
COOK TIME : 25 Min
How to Make Sunrise Salad
– Some strawberries
– Some grapes
– A banana
– A cup of yogurt
– Some mint leaves
– A knife
– A small bowl
1. Wash the fruit and let them dry on paper towels.
2. Cut the strawberries and grapes in half on two slices.
3. Slice the banana into chunks.
4. Combine all the fruit in the large bowl and mix them.
5. Take three spoonfuls of mixed fruit and put them in a small bowl.
6. Add a bit of yogurt on top of the fruit salad.
7. Place a small bundle of mint leaves on the yogurt as a garnish.
8. Sunrise salad is ready to serve.
How to Make Colored Egg
– Hard boiled egg (cooled)
– Paper towels
– Food coloring
– Glass jar
1. Rinse eggs in cold water and dry it with paper towels. To make the dye, pour half a small bottle of food coloring into a glass jar and add 300 ml of hot water.
2. Add 300 ml vinegar and 15 ml salt. Lower an egg into the jar of dye and leave it for a few minutes. Check the color of the egg regularly.
3. When the egg has reached the desire color, lift it out and repeat the process with the remaining eggs.
How to Make Brownies
– 50 gram of butter
– 150 gram of dark chocolate
– 300 gram of flour
– 4 eggs
– 600 gram of regular sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Melt the chocolate with the butter.
2. Stir the eggs with the sugar and the vanilla extract.
3. Preheat the oven at low temperature.
4. Combine the mixes you made.
5. Add the flour and stir with a wooden spoon.
6. Grease a brownie tin.
7. Add a little flour to cover the tin.
8. Add the brownie dough.
9. Bake for 10-30 minutes.
10. To check the brownies, put a knife in the mix. The knife must be moist.
11. Eat them 15 minutes after you took them out of the oven